This is useful when 1 modifier can apply for different purposes across different items.
They can have unique display names in different groups without needing to change the name of the modifier itself. This allows you to repurpose modifiers, and reduce inventory in your POS.
The name that prints on the receipt will still be the POS Name, the alias will only be used for customer display purposes within that group you modify.
- Item: Smoothie
- Modifier Group: "Add-ons"
- Modifier Alias: Add Frozen Strawberries
- Item: Salad
- Modifier Group: "Comes with..."
- Modifier Alias: Sliced Strawberry
- Modifier Group: Allergies?
- Modifier Alias: Strawberries
- Item: Smoothie
It also helps in scenarios where you need one modifier to appear under an item in different modifier groups. Modifiers with the same name will only appear once per item, even if they are in different groups.
- Item: Burrito
- Modifier Group: "Add protein..."
- Modifier Group: "Sauce on Side..."
- Modifier Group: "Allergies?"
By using an Alias, you can use the "None" modifier within all of these mod. groups to appear under this item as "No Protein", "No Sauce", "No Allergies", "None of the Above", etc.
Remember: Modifiers with the same name will only appear once per item, even if they are in different groups. The Mod. Alias will allow you to repurpose a modifier.
How to add or edit an alias?
- Log into the Hazlnut dashboard
- Go to the Modifier Groups tab
- Search for that group by using CTRL + F or ⌘ + F
- Click 'Modify' next to the group
- Scroll down to the list of modifiers
- At the very right of the modifier name, it will show a button that says 'Edit Alias'
- Type a display name that would apply uniquely for this modifier group purposes
- Save your changes